Saturday, February 11, 2012

M.I.A. Trashes Madonna in Super Bowl

Madonna Calls M.I.A.'s Middle Finger 'Irrelevant,' 'Out of Place' | Billboard.com

M.I.A. Trashes Madonna in Super Bowl



M.I.A.'s Super Bowl halftime flip-off has not only irked NBC and the NFL, but the Queen of Pop herself. In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Madonna revealed that she was unaware of M.I.A.'s stunt during their performance of her new single "Give Me All Your Luvin'" until after the Super Bowl halftime show had wrapped, and that she "wasn't happy" about M.I.A.'s middle finger salute.

"To tell you the truth, I didn't even know about it. I actually didn't know about it until I left," says Madonna. "I was really surprised. I didn't know anything about it. I wasn't happy about it. I understand it's punk rock and everything, but to me there was such a feeling of love and good energy, and positivity, it seemed negative… It's such a teenager…irrelevant thing to do. There was such a feeling of love and unity there. What was the point? It was just out of place." Read More...

No comments: